Monday 16 November 2009

Time Management.

Well with the last few days of Com Tech approaching, I have been a bit mad on Time Management and was reminded of our lesson on it a couple of weeks ago.

As much as I told myself it would be dull, it was infact a real eye-opener and was very useful in sussing how i work best, how I'm working at the moment and perhaps what I need to spend more time doing. Most shockingly that there is really A LOT of time in the day. Which I mostly waste!

This reality check has made me think about where I write my lists of things to do, as normally I write them on random bits of paper when I actually have a diary! 
So now I AM GOING TO USE MY DIARY PROPERLY ... which sounds really secondary school-esque. But needs to be done!

I'm also going to try and write down my commitments in my life at the time every few months - through circles. This is as good as writing a list for me... I can see what I have to do, how it all interlinks and also reminds me that I do need to shut out work sometimes and get in touch with my family and maintain relationships at home. I've realised that I need to spend a lot more time thinking and being on my own, also to constantly look for and be aware of things going on around me in the design world. 


No comments: