Wednesday 11 November 2009

Price. Costing? ...of traditional print work.

A major implication for my project has been the cost of materials and paying for screens and ink. However I doubt whether paying for it to be digitally printed would be any better cost wise?

Looking into it over the week and looking at price lists for the computer (digital print) room, I have found that for everything I've been printing, if I had been doing it digitally over the last 6 weeks, it would have cost MUCH MUCH more than the traditional print methods I've been using.

Of course with this comes the fact that traditional print is much more time consuming.
From writing what I've spent money on down and looking at what I've done over the last few weeks, I've got an estimate of around £30 spent.

Which is great compared to digital...however I wish I had the funds to have done more with this project, but knowing the prices now enables me to guestermate with other projects I do and now be able to work out whether I can afford to take a project forward.

No comments: