Monday 23 November 2009

Coming to an End...

Well as I come to the end of this project I feel that it had been a major turn in how I will now work and what projects I intend to do in the future. 
Here are my final wallpapers... although the photos are pretty shit!...

No.1 - 


Cutting out of the wallpaper, gave it a 3D dynamic, although I didnt get as much of it done, I hope to do it on a bigger scale some day.
I think as a wallpaper it's sucessful, however It needed some colour, which I wanted to collage in with materials, but ran out of time. I am lucky that the colour of the paper was an off white, I think It compliments all the papers I made.

No.2 -




(This is the read flock I would have had to use :/ )
I was tearing my hair out nearing the end of this paper, I went to flock and they didnt have the colour that I needed/wanted for the frame structure. Initially I wanted it to be a dark red that I used in my previous flocking experiment, although the royal blue doesn't look as bad as I thought. I tried out some bright red on a different mock up I had but it was too intense. Some of the flock glue smudged aswell, which meant that the flock picked up everywhere, as you can see in the last image. 

No.3 -




I was upset that you could see the creases especially well in this paper, it was creased from the heat press. It was such a struggle trying to flock and foil with long strips of wallpaper, as you have to cover the top of the stuff you are flocking or foiling with newsprint, however I had bits of glue all down the page for the other mirrors. This meant that when the newsprint went over it, it would stick and be stuck to the actual image. I learnt that on my mock one, therefore I had to make sure the other mirror was not under the heat, causing to heat press a massive crease in the paper. Over all I am pleased with this paper, it is quaint, which is what I was going for.


No.4 -


The overall paper I am not so pleased with as the pink design doesnt show up enough. However it was a feat because I managed to sucessfully dye the paper pink. I wish the design picked up more. When doing this again I will think about colours more as all the designs are quite dull and don't truely reflect any Fashion Eras.

No.5 - 


This was done kind of last minute, but I really like the colours I used in this and number 6. When printing it I didnt seperate the roses from the stripes so It was a massive effort to tape over the roses with tape that was much wider than that! It took ages but eventually was done, however there were a few leeks from bubbles in the tape.


No.6 - 



No comments: