Wednesday 11 November 2009

Differences between technique in print processes...

When I was in the print room today I spotted a lino cut that looked MUCH too intricate to do by hand, very wallpaper-esk (Mick actually thought it was mine when I wasnt there). I asked Sarah how it was done and she told me it was done by a laser cutter. I asked if I could print it too see how it came out and it looked pretty nice. The however you had to be careful how you applied the ink otherwise it came out blotchy.

I have begun to think about the difference between techniques in print processes and how you go about applying/making an image for print. For example how different would a print done by a laser cut lino look, to one that had been done by hand, and how different something technically drawn and measured to something done in Illustrator and then screenprinted would look?
Would it effect the audiences response to the work?

These are all things I want to explore although I don't think I have time now...I would need a woodwork induction, with everything I need to get done I doubt I will have time. 
Also technical drawing is something I really have no idea about and so would be too big a mountain for me to try in the last few days with other stuff to produce. Hand drawn paper would feel more personal. I hope to do all of this in the near future.

No comments: