Tuesday 17 November 2009

Another Problem...



I started printing the dots for my flock wallpaper today but almost ended up leaving because everything seemed to go wrong.
The first problem was that the image of the dots I had put on the screen was missing one row of dots meaning that when I print onto my lining paper I have to overlap the dots perfectly or I will have to draw in a line of dots by hand! 



(Although up-close it looks like a small difference in the dots...when looked at from the correct viewing distance it looks very WRONG). 


The alignment of some of my other designs was wrong as well even though I had spent ages checking them on illustrator and making them pretty perfect. Neil told me that illustrator is really un-reliable and prints differently on each bit of paper to what it may seem.
Here are two other designs which Neil helped me to piece together perfectly, measuring and cutting out a gap, so as to make it join perfectly....






Here you can see my final image (which was two seperate A3 papers) on my screen. Being one image also made it easier to print and there was less faffing around trying to line things up.


How wallpaper designers actually put their ideas to paper and hand-print them is something that I want to look into further during this last week as I have had so many problems!

No comments: