Wednesday 11 November 2009

Design Work...

This was my idea for a mix of screen print and flock...I wanted to screenprint the dots and also the person in black, then to possibly college the red of her bow in?. Then to flock the outline of the framelike structure. The Dots I formed through using swatches in Illustrator, rather than drawing by hand and duplicating. However I drew the frame then scanned it.

This frame was typical of things I saw in Temple Newsam...



I wanted a little girl in a dress 'of that time' - so I looked for old photos of girls in the early 1990s- 1950s wearing a little dress, typical of the time. I put them through photoshop and these are the two  narrowed it down too. Trying them out within the frame I think that the second one is better to use.





These obviously needs neatening up. But thats' my general idea.


Lino - Screenprint. Although the technical aspects of learning ilustrator and putting these repeat patterns together is really hard, it's also hard to decide how many and what you want the wallpaper to look like, amazingly just by having 3 of the reapeat pattern on a line instead of two can make all the difference in how it looks... as you can see in this wallpaper I put together and now can't decide...

2 patterns per line.

...or 3? (This is two a3's)

This is an Idea I had for a wallpaper, the mirror (ovals), with heads of different women from years ago. Although I live traced a photo of a mirror I had, but now I feel more detail might be nice, so I am going draw the mirror, then to live trace it on Illustrator.



Another design I have done, is of flower heads, but its amazing how different it looks from far away, not being able to decipher that it's actually flowers. I plan to print it in 3 colours, If i have the money for ANOTHER screen!






No comments: