Tuesday 3 November 2009

Lino Print 2.

This is my lino cut into... cutting it was easy enough, you don't have to go very deep. But It was very easy to slip and end up with a straight line through your image, which ISNT suposed to be there!

Again I tried to do it on a couple of different papers...Below is Newsprint. Infact the lino print seemed to press better on tissue paper than anything. You can see from the newsprint that some papers more than others, really pick up the way you even roll the ink onto the lino.


Unfortunately they weren't totally dry when I picked them up and there for in an effort to not get ink on any other work I folded the tissue paper over onto the image which inevitably got stuck to the bloody image!


The prints aren't really very amazing but I think I will trace them on illustrator using the pentool, this is something I want to practice anyway, and then try to make a repeat pattern from it.

No comments: