Wednesday 11 November 2009

Interactive wallpaper.

Whilst designing and in the last few weeks of this project I have been thinking about interactive wallpaper design and how I could possibly reflect it in my own designs. The following images are from a book I got from the library, they show different artists approaches to wallpaper of today...





Other things I have thought about are possibilities such as...
- Adding to my screen printed wallpaper designs, fabrics, papers stitch (Claire Coles)
- Taking away, cutting out bits of the wallpaper, placing things behind or cutting and placing a design over the existing image.
- Paper curling and placing this onto the paper.

Cutting out of wallpaper also relates to this wallpaper that I found in a book, which is meant to be holes bitten out by rats...revealing the wallpaper underneath.




PAPER CURLING.
Paper curling is a craft that what used way back, I want to try and apply it to my own work.
Such as the roses in this image...
Below is a link to an interview I found with a lady called Anabelle O'Malley although she designs cards, you can see a great variety of media used within her work, some of which are what I would want to achieve from my own interactive wallpaper.




After reading up on it, and looking at those books, I tried to do my own version of the painting with numbers approach. I took one of my designs and found that to do this easily you have to take the fill out. So make sure it has the red line through it.


No comments: