Wednesday 4 November 2009

RE-EVALUATION - of Last Few Weeks...

We had a tutorial today which really made me think about the current position I'm in with my work at the moment.

WHAT WAS SAID.....The general feeling within the group, was that we had all enjoyed exploring these print techniques but that now everyone was just stuck on how to move their work on, or how to actually make a project out of what I have.
Live briefs were suggested...
I looked at breifs from places such as 'D&AD', 'YCN', also 'Shoplift Gallery'-however the project set is about greed, and I don't think for what I wanted to produce a live brief would be appropriate.

Evaluating my time spent so far on this brief, I have successfully explored traditional print techniques that should help me in creating wallpapers. The project I am doing has taught me that the way you present and create something can have a big impact on how people percieve work that you do. Throughout the time I have been experimenting with print techniques, I have also been casually asking people what their feelings towards the piece are. I have found that people appreciate traditional print techniques as they can appreciate the work that's gone in and aslo feel that the work is more personal. However I'm going to try and get them digitally printed aswell as a comparison.

Perhaps in these last few weeks, and as I put the wallpaper designs and final things together I should be asking for as many peoples opinions as I can, (my audience)?

As far as learning goes, I think that all the traditional print techniques that would be useful to me are covered. Although things I will learn now are how to put designs together for wallpapers on photoshop or illustrator and how to use the digital printers. But also how to sew and stitch fabrics.

ANOTHER PROBLEM: 'ACTUALLY COMING UP WITH THE IDEA OR THEME FOR A COLLECTION OF WALLPAPER AS A DESIGNER'.

I need a running theme for my wallpapers to actually make a project out of this. With only
three weeks to go I am starting to feel apprehensive about it alll. However I have now explored
all the print techniques that I really need to and thus can now get on with creating a theme and design work.

I think to get stuff done and be sucessful in this project I need to write myself a timetable of things I need to do and give myself deadlines, such as creating designs... 'design work done for ?'


No comments: