Wednesday 11 November 2009

Digital Print...

As I've been designing, and putting my work together, I have always had to think about printing as, when I screenprint the various bits and layers, I need them to be alligned and all in sync.

Talking to Nick and Christian about cost and pricing for what I wanted to end up with at the end of this project, has led me to now want to produce samples/strips in an A3 width and double A3 length. This will be cheaper but now means that I don't need to go and print them in the bigger printing facilities in college. I may carry this project on and later procede to my original decided size of A2 strips.

Although there were complications in even printing my designs A3. I noticed that once they had been through the printer, a border seemed to appear on the printed version. meaning that my wallpapers would have a border... I spoke to the computer technitions and they explained to me that there is no way of adjusting anything to change it. 
Printers work, by feeding paper through rollers and therefore can't print right to the edges...The guys told me that I could go down to see James at the proper digital print room and he may have some special sort of paper that is fed through to make it print to the edges, but for how many I needed to print and for samples I didn't think it would be necessary. Plus to print the things off i needed it cost me 2p upstairs, but would probably be more like a pound downstairs!

A VERY SHIT photo, but this shows the gap at the edge which the laser printers leave...

No comments: