Friday 21 May 2010

Last Laser Cutting Session...

Today was my last chance to get stuff cut before going to see Simon at ' On The Wall', I had lots planned, but couldn't get it all done.
I still had trouble with the whole image of the birds and bikes showing up on the laser cutting program as Micheal reinstalled the old program for me so I could actually cut images. But I was really keen to see what they would look like, and If I'd spaced it okay. Below is the birds and bikes cut into paper...




I cut this design out of fabric as well, which seemed to work quite well, I put the gingham over wood, so that the design showed through and have cut it as if it were a picnic blanket which has been placed over a picnic table...



I also cut the strawberry design out of other materials, I tried cutting it out of magazine pages, one side of text and one side with an image on it. I really like the idea of the work/my design being camouflaged and hidden into other images and text...



Here's the design cut out of a thin wood and then also the engraved strawberries...


No comments: