Monday 10 May 2010

Laser Cutter Booked.

Well today I took a trip down to wood-work in the hope of booking the laser cutter to show some work at my final crit of images I might take to 'On The Wall'.

I wasn't too shocked to find out that the laser cutter was fully booked out for 3 weeks and past our deadline, so he told me that I could be cheeky and go and ask the Interior design building if I could use their laser cutter as they don't use it as much, went down there and spoke to Micheal who gave me a two hour slot, although this runs into my crit so I might have to just do an hour and then go back again, hopefully with more designs.

Hopefully what I show tomorrow will give an idea of what I want to do...
Here are some of the Designs, I hope to get cut...

It was a pretty long and tedious process putting all my drawings together in photoshop and then through to illustrator...



The drawings were sometimes pretty bad quality once I'd scanned them and so I had to redraw a lot of them, and I used the outline of a strawberry I had drawn as a guide when placing the 'un-outlined' pattern/shape strawberries onto the page...


After all this, I realised that I had done it wrong and the birdcage in the middle needed to be the negative, so I spent bloody ages re-doing it... I hope it's all worth it....



No comments: