Thursday 8 October 2009

Prep of images for Screen PRINT.

Well today I have realized that it would have probably been easier to actually create a new wallpaper design than try and struggle with an old image I did a couple of months back...
When i created the Barbie heads piece for my fmp my idea for it was wallpaper or a wrapping paper. So i was eager to use it in this project and try all the different print techniques with it, then to compare and contrast the different print styles easily with one image.
However when I got the image up its been hard and such an arse to try and separate the image into layers for screenprint. I had to start the image off from scratch and then there seemed to be no easy way of creating the colour layer underneath than selecting tee-dious areas and then filling them.
In the coming week I now hope to produce some new work... but use the Barbie image to an extent.

However... These are the layers, ready to be exposed on on the screen for screen print. The images have to be black otherwise the screen wont pick it up as well. Greys wont be strong enough...

Underneath... >
On top...>


No comments: