Tuesday 13 October 2009

Prep for Screen Printing Photo.

After watching people screenprint photos in the print room and talking to Mick/seeing work from other students, I've become really interested in how it works and think the final outcomes of the images look really interesting. Screen printing seems to give the photos an 'old' 'quirky' and pixilated look. I think the process of mixing these colours is an interesting way to do it, and really makes the world of 'digital' printing easier to understand and more appreciate towards it.
Been looking through my recent photos to see if I have a good enough and exciting photo to use for colour seperations and screen print, turns out I dont have a photo I want to use, however Adams' doing photography for his project and has some photos he wouldnt mind me using, he's also interested to see how it would look, and wants copy to possibly use in the future.
He's given me a couple to choose from...

PHOTOGRAPHY BY ADAM FUSSELL


Purely out of preference I prefer the top one, and as this is such a tedious process, I plan to do only one really. Im very interested to see how it will look... after speaking to Mike Flowers, I don't know that the tonal areas in the backgroud will come up well purely as I cant get the DPI down to a low enough number. The printers are too goo din college to get the spot that I need.
Here are the seperations at 600 DPI...

Cyan
Magenta
Yellow
Black
As was expected... it is not possible to screen print a photo at 600dpi. It doesn't pick up the tones properly. When I printed them again at 300dpi, it was suprising how noticeably different they were...

Cyan 300dpi
Magenta 300dpi
Yellow 300dpi
Black 300dpi



No comments: