Sunday 4 October 2009

Content. BUNCH of stuff.

To start of my print experience, (as I think I've already said) I am going to use a wallpaper idea I put together for my final major project. It consists of drawn barbie heads and uses more than one colour so it should be a good test for my first few prints...I hope this preps me well enough to then decide what types of printing are good for images i want to produce...then for me to create recent illustrations for wallpaper designs. 


Here is a Bunch of Stuff I want to try... although the stuff below looks a little like graphics. However I still have not found an illustrative print style i like...

This Is by a guy called Mikey Burton, who i found whilst browsing through http://yayeveryday.com/ - A site which enables designers of all sorts to share their work and things they find interesting - Good for inspiration :)

This guy has also made me think more about learning letterpress, i think its important for me to know as a designer and for me in the future designing posters and possibly entering a competition a friend told me about for a night at WIRE in LEEDS called STRANGEWAYS, in which they want an A3 poster designing to promote the night. Here's some of Mickey Burtons Poster and Letterpress Design...
Frightened SellerSpoon (Texas) Poster Cranky Pressman Postcard


No comments: