Tuesday 20 October 2009

Paper Making.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to be able to have a go at making my own paper. All thanks to Chris for organising it! :) What better way to experiment with what i actually PRINT onto, than to actually make my own paper.
Concentrating on 'print' it seems important that I investigate the paper culture and what is good to print onto traditionally and also in a commercial printing environment.
Not only does it make every bit of difference in how/what texture your print comes out. But also, I spoke about audience before and this seems to me to be as important as my own opinion.
Whilst making the paper, I also tried trapping things, and making different effects between the paper...one that worked really well was making a letter B out of some pink ribbon between layers of paper.
I'll get some images up soon of bits I made...I also tried to make a long bit of one paper, to possibly have a go at putting my wallpaper designs onto it...

Things I need to do in the coming weeks are also try printing onto the made paper, different techniques of print are surely going to come out differently?
Although I have received lots of different wallpaper samples throughout the last couple of weeks, I also need to look into ringing paper houses and getting paper samples as this is what I will possibly use as a practitioner in future.
What a rubbish post...sorry..i will make amends soon.

These two have tea leaves (top) in them and newpaper (bottom) in them...

Coffee granules...
Below is pink ribbon embedded to spell the letter B. However there are too many layers of paper on top to see it properly. The one below this is the back of the paper. With one layer of paper then the ribbon...




No comments: