Saturday 10 October 2009

Blenheim Printroom Induction.



This was one of the better inductions i've had over the last year and a bit...
Finding out everything available was good for me, and also learning new techniques. Such as foils and flocks.
We began by all screen-printing an already prepared image on a screen, this taught me that lining up your image is always important. We did three spot colour seperation. This was useful practice as I'm going to screen print my wallpaper image tonight at Vernon Street and it needs to be in line and really in the right place for it to look good. The image below shows up close how it is sometimes hard to line the separate layers up perfectly but that it's very important for a well printed image.


We also looked at foils and flocking. This was really exciting, not originally knowing, I also realised that flocking is used on wallpapers more and more nowadays. Thus i have just ordered more wallpaper samples, including some flock designs. I've seen it many shops over the last couple of years. In fact the virgin media shop i have been visiting for my internet connection has it on their walls. Here is the flocking we did in the induction...

Here flock wallpaper is used in some sort of restaurant or shop... I would really like to try my wallpaper designs in flock.


Here are examples of a drawn image I screen printed a few months ago, but it shows the process of how the image develops really well. You can see the original photocopy which i then edited 2 of to get my colour separations. The next one is just the top black outline printed on chip paper which gives a nice effect. Then the bottom red layer which I printed first and then the two together which is the final image.



No comments: