Wednesday 2 December 2009

The Start of Something?

This morning I had a group tutorial with Nick, I don't really know how much I got out of it, because to be honest I had come up with my 'collection' subject ideas the night before, so I was still running off those ideas, instead of thinking what I would want to ask my peers in the tutorial to help me take a step in the next direction...?

I began to describe my idea of pattern, but ended up being a little embaressed at the fact I was making a connection between butterflies and my work. I described it as 'girly and a bit shit' i think it was. But then to explain my idea of 'parts' and taking this collection of parts APART. Which Nick then commented on and said the links between all my ideas was good and then also that the idea of butterflies being 'girly' goes hand in hand with this idea that the idea of taking things apart is kind of a 'boy' thing. Maybe I could somehow have this as an underlying theme? This is something I will think about further...

Something else to look into was the Damien Hirst approach to the butterflies he did and the contoversial effect it had on the public? I want to question peoples ideas like this?



I also need to have a look at Dorling Kindersly Books as these are pretty famous for their constuctiveness and the way in which explaining the idea of 'parts' is so well done through the way they make books....




I need to work out all my ideas, concentrate on something and then also decide what media I want to work in...as well as presentation.

No comments: