Friday 11 December 2009

Jewellery.

Been looking into using resin for my jewellery, and also looking at how other artists use it in their pieces.
I've also been thinking about how I want to use insects/wing within my pieces of jewellery.
Firstly I looked up the word Jewellery:

jewellery |ˈjoō(ə)lrē| ( Brit. jewellery)
noun
personal ornamentssuch as necklaces, rings, or bracelets, that are typically made from or contain jewels and precious metal.

They describe it as being something that is very personal and made from nice things/pretty thing/precious things. From this I know that If i were to produce a few bits of jewellery, I would only produce a few unique pieces of each, so they're made to be more personal as there aren't many of the same.
What I put inside them is important to, the insects need to be formed from something special. Also the idea of resin (amber), is that these things have been set in there for ages and this makes them special.

Other jewllers, using resin...





Something else important is taking these insects/insect parts and make them look different and make a pattern. Kind of like the idea of these Barbie pieces. Taking something and changing it...


No comments: