Wednesday 3 March 2010

3rd Draft.

On my way home I popped into the art market and went to 3rd Draft. The 4th in a series of one night illustration showcases, curated by Nous Vous in collaboration with theartmarket. It is an open and free exhibition, which makes it even more worth while going along! It's a good oppurtunity to pick up some, unique and affordable, artists books and fanzines. A particular favourite is
Cafe royal which is co-ordinated by Craig Atkinson, a illustrator that I really admire. I found some of his books on the shelves, they were reflective of what I would like to produce to get my work seen.







There was also another artist that I really liked, I liked the idea of the little running commentary and photo that has been adapted ever so slightly. This is something I need to develop more in my work, such as writing thoughts and how I view the world as a designer, and things that I SEE. This in turn will stylise my work and make it mine, which is something I wanted to define throughout this project.

No comments: