Monday 25 January 2010

Laser Attempt 2.

Today I went back to the laser cutter, with some much easier files to cut. Again they didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but I had lots of bits to take home and work with, hopefully putting together some nice designs.

The images that were left behind/negatives of my cut outs were really nice as well. This gave me ideas for if my resin jewellery didn't work out well. Here are some of the cut outs that I got from the laser cutter, now for the RESIN:







I also set out designing my postcard and wall piece over the weekend. This is what I came up with to go with my theme of parts...



I searched for ages, looking for a quote to include on my postcard and wall piece to really communicate what I was trying to say. The quote I embaresed to say is from Walt Disney:
'The whole is more than the sum of it's parts'. I felt that this encompassed what my book is trying to communicate as well, on the subject of taking things apart, they feel like nothing until they are altogether. Even if they are put together wrong?

But after all this and getting my work together for the exhibition now, I feel pretty confident in producing/making up illustrator files for the laser cutter and in using the machine.

No comments: