Saturday 24 April 2010

Competitive Cupcakes.


Today Paul and I manned a stall at the competitive cupcakes and clothes swap event that was held at HIFI, run by the same girl who puts on Handmade. It was a lovely space, but the weather was so lovely outside today and it was 4 pounds entry into the event. Some reasons I think, for the poor attendance? There was almost nobody that really came to the event, which was a real shame and on our stall we only sold two prints, one of which was a print of mine, so I was pretty chuffed.

We didn't have that much work really that we'd been given to sell by people, and so at the last minute I cut down some barbie head prints that I had done a while ago but had never really got to show or the chance to sell. I was selling them at a £1 and it was nice to see a few people showing interest and then to have someone buy one, as was the book show, it's just nice for people to see my work. At the next handmade, I plan to try and sell them as well as producing new work.

Here are a few photos:


I sold the barbie prints for a £1...

We borrowed this patchwork quilt/blanket from Jodie, which she got as a present, it is SO beautiful! Amazing! With my picnic re-search in full flow and planning my picnic, I'd really like to have something like it to use for my picnic. I might ask Jodie to borrow it, maybe to even draw from...

No comments: